2.10.2008

hmmmmm.

Some random, unconnected thoughts for the day.

-I'm always surprised when I learn new things about myself. It's like they come out of nowhere but the more I think about it the more true it seems. Let me just get to the point. I've recently added writing to my list of things I must do. I've always known I like to write but over this past year I've discovered it as one of the most consistent ways God reveals himself to me....

-I am not a very structured person and I am finding the farther away I get from college the structure it put on my life, the more I feel like I can stretch out, explore and learn how I interact most authentically in the world. This is not to say the structure is bad, only that after lots of time in it I'm enjoying it's absence. Now, I just have to learn how to maintain my true form while functioning inside of the structure

-I discovered the song Fire by Switchfoot. I've never been a fan of them but the song speaks to my soul- In most times in my life I've needed to remember that outside all of the shit (and that's what it is) that can find it's way into my head and heart truly, "I'm on fire when He's near me. I'm on fire when he speaks" and nothing else matters.

-I was reading some old posts today and this stuck out to me as still being true and fresh to me

...For what else does God want than to be with me as I learn to be more fully myself, made in his image, so that, in the end I will have acknowledged the presence of the Artist in me, the art, and lived in that knowledge. From this post


be well. there is hope. he is here.

3 comments:

emilykatz said...

1. keep writing. i'm not that good at it, so it's nice to read from people who are.
2. i love that song.
3. i like what you wrote about art, so true.

Zack Turner said...

Your writing speaks to my heart. Please keep doing it and sharing it.

lori lester said...

There is such a contrast between your tone now and a year ago this time. Somehow that is deeply satisfying to something inside of me.