5.02.2006

inevitability

I guess it's that time of year. Although I will admit it kind of snuck up on me...let's be honest, it didn't really sneak up on me I've been waiting for it for along time, but I don't feel like it's that time again. I started my attempt at closure this weekend, spending some time with friends and letting myself realize that I'm leaving. It makes me glad to know that I have such great people around me but in some ways it's sad too because now I have to leave them. It's wierd thinking about how things will change in the future and wondering where my closest friends will land and how much proximity will effect our friendship.
One of my friends asked me what some of my greatest moments at Westmont were. The question kind of took me by surprise but it was good to think about those times, both hard and fun...I will miss being with those people who ask thoughtful questions and I will miss being around those who I don't understand but am unmistakenly drawn to.
Gracias padre por tus bendiciones. Gracias por los amigos que tengo que me han conocido y me han permitido a conocerles tambien. Eres tan fiel y hoy conozco mas tu amor atravez de mis amigos.


Fernando Ortega is amazing...this is from his cd camino largo (sorry if you don't speak spanish)

Uno está por las nubes en los montes, otro con la corrienteque pasa por el prado.Pensando en ellos iría por millas.Adoro estos caminosy mis fieles amigos.Uno viaja a mi lado con el viento,otro con las estrellasque arden la nochey otro cerca y constante como un río.Voy millas y millas,llevado por ellos.

go in peace.adam.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Bro, we'll be blog buddies. here's my vastly underused blog address:

http://andrewhelms.blogspot.com