7.19.2008

settled and satisfied

Well. I'm here, and I've been here for a while now. A bit over two weeks to be exact. It was a sort of tornado of friends and boxes at first but things have definitely settled down now. Quick update on my job. I love it so far. That being said, I haven't really done a whole lot yet. We've been doing lots of training and little of what we will actually be doing in a few weeks. I also found out I will be traveling to chicago and minneapolis this fall to go to some college fairs and visit high schools. I think it will be great.

In other news I am quite content. I am still in the honeymooon stage of moving- getting to go everywhere for the first time in a long time etc. but I imagine I'll still be happy once that wears off. I'm reading a short Wendell Berry novel right now. Every time I pick up one of his books I remember why I love his writing so much. He is genius. Believe me. And if you don't believe me then read some of his poetry. It will change your life.

I was just reading my friend Linnea's blog she is in Buenos Aires right now and just moved into a new apartment. I am very jealous of her. Reading about her time there makes me miss being off in other parts of the world being exposed to new and different ways of life. Learning to appreciate what life is and is not when you're thousands of miles from home.

Well I feel like I want to write more but it's just not coming out. So I'll leave it at this. Blessings. oh ya, for those that read this that I never get to talk to- send me a shout out some time. I'd love to hear where you're at and what you're doing.

paz.

1 comment:

d.l.s. said...

Adam, I'm here in SB, semi-settled but always satisfied. I'll be hunting you down shortly.